Road Trip Tools
Useful links and resources to use throughout your Flinders Ranges and Outback Road Trip.
Road Conditions Hotlines
Check Road Reports Online
- Queensland Road Condition Report (Live map via the QLD Government)
- Road Conditions Report & other Travel Information (Diamantina Shire Council)
- Birdsville Track Trek Report (ExplorOz Website)
- Diamantina Development Road Updates (ExplorOz Website)
- Arrabury Road and Cordillo Downs Road Forum Updates (ExplorOz Website)
During the Fire Danger Season, generally from 1 November to 15 April, there are strict conditions for lighting any fire, including a campfire.
Download the Alert SA app or use the CFS Facebook page to stay informed. Monitor the daily weather forecast and Fire Danger Ratings, and listen for warning messages from the CFS on your local radio station.
How to Prepare Your Vehicle For An Outback Road Trip (The Outback Loop)
National Parks: What to Know Before You Go (National Parks and Wildlife Service SA)
4WD Tracks and Repeater Towers (Outback Communities Authority)
Outback Road Trip FAQs (The Outback Loop)
Top 10 Travel Tips (Landscape SA Aridlands)
List of Public Holidays in the Flinders Ranges and Outback (FRO)
Grey Water Dump Points (FRO)